Fuel have a paperless approach to data storage.
We only keep your information for what is required for the purpose(s) agreed. This includes any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information.
We have the appropriate technical processes and resources in place to ensure the security of your data.
We only allow the relevant team members access to your information to use for a defined purpose.
If we need to transfer your data outside the EEA we ensure that personal data is protected by appropriate safeguards, including the use of model data protection clauses adopted or approved by the relevant authority when the data protection authority does not believe that the country has adequate data protection laws.
Where we get it and how we use it
We collect and store information about you when you are nominated or assigned to a development programme with us. In some cases this is provided to us by your employer and in other cases we request the information directly from you.
- If you are on a government funded apprenticeship programme, the ESFA stipulates what information we must request from you or your employer, which we keep for compliance purposes.
- If you have participated in a management, team or skills development programme, other than an apprenticeship, we have been provided with relevant information from your employer in order to communicate with you about the programme.
We never sell or give your information to third parties for marketing purposes, ever.
Who we share your data with & why
There are a few instances where we will need to share your information.
- When a third party is involved in an event you are participating in (such as a hotel or outdoor activity) we will share your information with them to coordinate the session, for your safety and convenience at the event.
- When the information is required by law or for compliance purposes.
- Our third-party data processors who provide the IT infrastructure on which our systems are built.
Where is it kept?
We invest in ensuring your data is stored securely. Our bespoke Learning Management system stores the data on servers located in the UK and operated by ANS – https://www.ans.co.uk/data-centres/ – ANS are a premium hosting service that are ISO 27001 compliant.
Changes in our policy and procedures
Should our approach change in any process or procedure where your data is impacted, we will notify you within a reasonable timeframe and in line with any contractual terms in place.
In the unlikely event of a breach occurring (as defined in the GDPR) we will notify you and the ICO within 48 hours of the breach coming to our attention.
Your Choices & Rights
You have access to your own information through your user account on the Fuel Learning Management System.
You can also ask us about the information we have about you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you with 28 days with a disclosure of the requested information.
For more information, questions or feedback, please contact us. You can also request a copy of our relevant policies.