Fuel provide an end to end Functional Skills development pathway from Initial assessment through to examination. The Fuel team will work with participants to ensure they receive the training they need to confidently pass the level 2 qualification.
The training will be a mixture of on-site face to face, remote face to face via video call, and e-learning. Participants will only need to study for the components they need to improve, as demonstrated through online diagnostic tool.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS SUCCESSES
Our overall pass rate for 2019/20 was 100%
(The national average for this was only 58%)
(The national average for this was only 53%)
Frequently Asked Questions
English and Maths Functional Skills qualifications were designed with the aim of giving individuals the skills they need to be more effective at work, but also in day-to-day tasks. They are transferable qualifications that relate to all industries.
Functional Skills are an essential part of your apprenticeship journey and you will need to pass English and maths at level 2 to complete the programme.
It is important to note that the Functional Skills programme is based around your individual needs, this means the sessions you attend are tailored to the skills you require. We do train Functional Skills in separate sessions from your module days, but the sessions are designed to be relevant to your industry and to the content of your management programme. Similarly, your module days and the assessment plans set by your Quality Coach will incorporate Functional Skills too, so that each part of your apprenticeship links together. This will also mean that you are practising your Functional Skills perhaps without even knowing it!
Yes, absolutely! If you have employees that would benefit from enhancing their formal writing skills, boosting their ability to decode and work with written information, improving their presentation skills or solving real life mathematical problems with confidence, Functional Skills are the qualifications for you.
We have an in-house Functional Skills Team with specialist trainers to support and guide you through these qualifications and we can contextualise each programme to your industry.
- Improved efficiency through gained literacy skills – employees will develop strategies enabling them to work more accurately and flexibly, thereby reducing costs and increasing productivity
- Enhanced communication skills – employees will perform well in teams, participate openly in discussions, listen and react appropriately
- Customer satisfaction – by communicating a tailored and effective service adapted to suit customer needs
- Confident, motivated employees – employees will adapt well to change and have the underpinning skills to develop other job skills.
- Better recruitment and staff retention – if you invest in learning, you will attract a high calibre of job applicants, staff turnover will reduce, experienced staff will be retained and recruitment costs saved.
Fuel Functional Skills Team
The team are highly skilled and work with many participants where English is a second language, and can also provide a high level of specialised support for participants with identified learning difficulties.
Head of Functional Skills
Functional Skills Facilitator
Functional Skills Trainer
Functional Skills Trainer
Participants use an online platform called BKSB to access a full range of tools and resources designed to support every aspect of the participants English and Maths requirements.FIND OUT MORE